Friday, June 4, 2010

Eeek, I'm Behind!

So, I am sick. I will try to refrain from whining too much to you all, although I'm guessing Chris would love a break. Anyways, this sickness has allowed Chris to actually get ahead of me in the blogging process. I have a LOT of catching up to do, people! So bear with me...

First, I'll do separate posts for each place that we've been to. This will help if you only have 1 hour to read my post, not 5.

Second, I am getting Chris' help with remembering things, because to be honest, I'm really out of it right now. You'll notice the vacant stare in pictures. I am not drunk or high, just doped up on cold medicine and wishing I were dead.

So, overview of our time with Yvonne, although there will be separate posts for all the mini-trips we took in Hereford. First, I should say "Thank you" again to those two! Putting up with Chris and I for 9 days, cooking for us, driving us around, listening to us ask, "Are we there yet?" Not an easy job, that. However, we were able to cross many desired food items off our list: we ate Indian, Chinese (homemade ginger chicken, thanks Yvonne!), PORK, roast chicken with Yorkshire pudding and broccoli/cauliflower in cream sauce, fish and chips, Elderflower ice cream, a full English breakfast, homemade crepes...Ooofff, I get full just looking at that list! We're still wondering if Banoffee pie is a myth or not though. (If it's a myth, I won't worry about spelling, but if it's real, someone needs to help me out on that.) Oh, and we got addicted to English tea. We now drink it at least once a day, although more often if other people are having it. It's almost like it was in Turkey!

We went to Hereford on Monday and explored, then Tuesday we went to Hay-on-Wye, Wednesday was our sleepy day with laundry on the side, Thursday was Bath (see next post), Friday was Warwick Castle (see the post after Bath) and the Christy Moore concert in Hay, which rocked! Saturday Chris and I explored some pubs in Hereford, and then Sunday we went hiking in Hay. Monday was spent getting ready for the rest of our trip. So there's our first week in the UK in a nutshell. Now I can get started on the posts for individual places. Enjoy the pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment