Wednesday, March 10, 2010

African Encounter

I thought for once that I'd write something on the blog and give Barb a break.

Anyway, we've now seen the sands of North Africa. We didn't visit Africa, however. It visited us.

I got out of work on Monday and noticed that the cars all had mud sprinkled on them. It had been raining, and I figured a bus had driven by and gone through a mud puddle or something. Then I noticed that ALL the cars were covered with mud. Then I noticed that it was still sprinkling rain, and that my coat was flecked with mud, too.

Apparently on a fairly frequent basis, there are big sand storms in North Africa and the Middle East and the clouds of sand make their way around the entire Mediterranean. So when it rains, the sand comes down in the raindrops. It literally rains mud. You learn something new every day.

2 comments:

  1. Notice how when Chris posts a story, it takes up so much less space than when I do? I'm a little jealous. That would have been a 500 word post for sure if I had written it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sand+Rain=Mud: what more is there to say?

    Aunt Jo

    ReplyDelete